Formaldehyde is an extremely toxic and systemic poison that is highly absorbed by inhalation. The vapor is a severe skin and respiratory track irritant and may cause dizziness or suffocation. Contact with formaldehyde solution may cause serious burns to eyes and skin.
A recent study published in the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention focused on the risk of formaldehyde-induced cancer in pathology departments. An analysis of five hospitals showed that the exposure level to formaldehyde, For all subjects, were higher than the 8 hours per week exposure limit. Furthermore, among the five occupational groups involved in the experiment, the Lab Technicians were subject to the highest weekly exposure, possibly due to longer daily working hours and lack of adequate ventilation.
The progressive substitution of formalin with GAF can eliminate the daily exposure of users to this highly toxic substance and the related health risk, while maintaining perfect diagnostic precision